Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Podcasting Channel

The place for those Interested in podcasting or wanting to check out the latest from MPN's own podcasts. No previous experience necessary.

Podcasting.jpg

Subforums

1. Share Your Podcast!

Do you produce a podcast that MPN forum members would enjoy? Post it here!
19 topics in this forum

• 12 replies
    • 3.4k views
    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2.9k views
  1. Audio or video?

• 7 replies
    • 2k views
    • 7 replies
    • 2.9k views
  2. Podcast hosting

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. Where are the bastards?

• 10 replies
    • 2.8k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 8 replies
    • 3.6k views
    • 4 replies
    • 2.8k views
  4. Podcasting tech

• 4 replies
    • 3k views
    • 38 replies
    • 14.8k views
    • 5 replies
    • 3.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
    • 0 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 1 reply
    • 2.3k views
  • Trending posts on MPN

• I've had a Roland GO piano since they came out, I guess a few years now? It's gotten a ton of use in just the ways you describe: vacations, outdoor jams, etc. I think what endears this keyboard to me most is the feel of the keys, they've got a flat, low profile shape, are nicely textured, and for being non-weighted they have a solid, almost heavy feel. The heaviness takes some getting used to but once my fingers acclimated I prefer it to the lighter non-weighted actions found on most "travel" boards in this price range.   Speakers are decently loud. The GO piano has a few useable piano sounds, the rest is crap, but that's fine for this purpose. Bluetooth is a nice feature.   Casio of course has a bunch of keyboards in this category, in some ways better than the GO piano. Again, I prefer the action on the GO. But that's subjective.   I also have a Yamaha CK61, which is a different tool for a different purpose: band rehearsals, not travel or outdoor jams.    
    • Playing in a quiet room with one (1) singer/guitar player is about the most the CK speakers can handle. It'll be loud enough, but just barely. 
    • I thought they were alright for playing at home but some users had trouble with low volume output and had to increase the output to at least +6db. This then led to complaints about distortion from the speakers. YMMV but I wouldn't be trading another board in for the benefit of the speakers in that situation. Lots of other nice features, but speakers were not a big selling point for me and I would still want some 'volume' for rehearsals unless sat in a small room with others playing pretty low.
    • A good Mellotron thread (marvelously characterful instrument, where would prog be without it) can always benefit from a Rick Wakeman wisecrack. 😉        
    • I'm looking at a CK61 for it's onboard speakers (together with all the others notable features, obviously), and since I haven't a chance to try it I'm asking to those who own it.   The context: I'm involved in a semiacoutic act, singer-songwriter style: the singer with it's acoustic guitar, me with primarily my accordion and a Roland FA 07 on a bunch of songs, a drummer/percussionist with a small set.   While when we perform we have our PA, I'm intrigued by the idea of realying on the embedded speakers for the rehearsal. We often meet for rehearsal at our homes, without amplification of sort, but for the FA 07 I bring my Behringer B205D as a small speaker.   If the Yamaha speakers are loud enough, I could swap the FA 07 for the Yamaha: the sounds will be at least the same quality (I'm using the usual ones: piano, el. piano, hammond and some pad), I'll loose an octave, but for my use is not a big problem, the Yamaha is lighter, and I can leave the B205D small speaker at home.   Do you think that the Yamaha speakers will be adequate for the rehearsal or are too weak?      
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• My trusty Typhon can:   "Audio over USB -Typhon gets recognised as Audio/USB device. This feature enables Typhon to act as an audio input and be recorded from a computer directly without the use of a sound card. This feature got implemented to support the previous described feature so as the user doesn’t have to connect the physical audio out to his sound card, and so on create a ground loop, which cause a constant buzzing at Typhon’s audio."   https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/typhon/  
    • Ipad, yes, but from my experience with the Modx that is due to being able to set the Modx as the audio interface in the audio app(s) I used.  In other words, unlike sending analog audio to a mixer or speaker where the sending unit doesn't care or know what is connected, I had to set the Modx as the destination or it wouldn't have sent anything. I'm not sure if a synth that can send audio over usb would be able to do so with another keyboard, unless it had a way to do the same...never thought about it though (which synths can send audio over usb?)  
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries