Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Forum

Whether it's info on a scale or mode, advice on buying that new effect pedal, or just a good discussion about guitars, this forum is the place for you. Our own little virtual pub. Come on in and stay a while...

The Guitar Forum.jpg

34,120 topics in this forum

• 538 replies
    • 168.7m views
    • 72 replies
    • 43.8k views
    • 5.6k replies
    • 20.1m views
  1. SFX 101 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 18.5k views
    • 12 replies
    • 67.5k views
    • 1 reply
    • 37.4k views
  2. What's in your ears? 1 2 3 4 33

• 983 replies
    • 108.1k views
    • 0 replies
    • 47 replies
    • 26.5k views
  3. Song chords dilemma

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 336 replies
    • 8.6k views
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
  4. cool new effects 1 2 3 4 64

• 1.9k replies
    • 1.1m views
    • 5 replies
    • 49 replies
    • 7 replies
  5. Pickups & pots

• 25 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 41 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 84 replies
    • 1.9k views
  6. NGD!

• 25 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 88 replies
    • 24.7k views
    • 20 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
  7. Oh, my GA(mp)S!!!

• 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
  • Trending posts on MPN

• I know it's an obvious question, but have you looked at the inside top of the case, the part that would rest on those keys, to see if there is anything there? I don't mean something that is rubbing the keys, I mean the crusty remnants of plastic melting or decaying. Knowing that it lives in your car full time makes me wonder if it's heat- or weather-related in some way. 
    • On the Montage M, the first 8 drawbars are the 8 sliders on the first part, and they work in reverse like a tone wheel organ - pulling them down = louder. The 1’ drawbar lives in the second part, and to control it you need to switch to the second part. This fader does not work in reverse; it’s a simple up = louder. I wish this worked like was suggested above by combining the 7th and 8th drawbars on one fader and leaving the 1’ drawbar on the 8th slider as I rarely do different things on 7 and 8 from each other, but always use the 1’ drawbar separately.   Yamaha has a tone wheel engine in the YC board; perhaps they will add it to the Montage in a way that makes it playable without eating all of the polyphony of the board. Maybe they could use one of the assignable knobs as the 9th drawbar. 
    • That was why I was dumbfounded at Roland's bazaar offering. The Roland Australia website has a RRP which show a smaller difference than US pricing, but the street price is even more absurd. I'm a good customer of Manny's and their partner stores StoreDJ, and sometimes can negotiate something even cheaper than their listed price. I didn't actually buy my RD88 from them, but I paid about that mid last year. Perhaps when the dust settles, the RD08 will come to rest at around $1,200?
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• My trusty Typhon can:   "Audio over USB -Typhon gets recognised as Audio/USB device. This feature enables Typhon to act as an audio input and be recorded from a computer directly without the use of a sound card. This feature got implemented to support the previous described feature so as the user doesn’t have to connect the physical audio out to his sound card, and so on create a ground loop, which cause a constant buzzing at Typhon’s audio."   https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/typhon/  
    • Ipad, yes, but from my experience with the Modx that is due to being able to set the Modx as the audio interface in the audio app(s) I used.  In other words, unlike sending analog audio to a mixer or speaker where the sending unit doesn't care or know what is connected, I had to set the Modx as the destination or it wouldn't have sent anything. I'm not sure if a synth that can send audio over usb would be able to do so with another keyboard, unless it had a way to do the same...never thought about it though (which synths can send audio over usb?)  
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries