Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Forum

Whether it's info on a scale or mode, advice on buying that new effect pedal, or just a good discussion about guitars, this forum is the place for you. Our own little virtual pub. Come on in and stay a while...

The Guitar Forum.jpg

34,120 topics in this forum

• 538 replies
    • 168.7m views
    • 72 replies
    • 43.8k views
    • 5.6k replies
    • 20.1m views
  1. SFX 101 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 18.5k views
    • 12 replies
    • 67.5k views
    • 1 reply
    • 37.4k views
    • 1 reply
  2. What's in your ears? 1 2 3 4 33

• 983 replies
    • 108.2k views
    • 47 replies
    • 26.5k views
  3. Song chords dilemma

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 336 replies
    • 8.6k views
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
  4. cool new effects 1 2 3 4 64

• 1.9k replies
    • 1.1m views
    • 5 replies
    • 49 replies
    • 7 replies
  5. Pickups & pots

• 25 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 41 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 84 replies
    • 1.9k views
  6. NGD!

• 25 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 88 replies
    • 24.7k views
    • 20 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
  7. Oh, my GA(mp)S!!!

• 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
  • Trending posts on MPN

• Two years ago on a vacation visit to Montreal, I heard an excellent solo act in a pub/bar.  He appeared to me to be veteran band player/musician. He played an acoustic electric guitar and used a looper pedal.  He would play in real time for the looper pedal, creating  a backing foundation riff first. Then he'd start the song playing the rhythm chords and singing against the backing track he'd just created. When he wanted to solo on guitar, he used a wah wah pedal.  It sounded full and satisfying.  But I can't recall if he used electronic rhythm.     We're going to Montreal again this late June, two years after the previous visit. .  He was playing in a nice pub on St. Hubert  street, blocked off from traffic with some Cirque Du Soleil related street performers. I'm hoping maybe he'll playing again in the same pub.    I attempted to share a photo of this guy  from my Google photos but couldn't pull it off. 
    • You guys are overthinking this. It's nails, pure & simple. Check out my older A800 -         I would have thought the same thing. Then I played my typical voicing for a Db9 chord:     Notice in your pics how the black keys don't exhibit these same marks? Neither do mine. That's because their height causes the point of contact to be more on the balls of your fingertips - farther from the nail. I don't think we're entirely cognizant of how hard we're hitting these plastic keys during a typical gig or playing session.    
    • Good luck picker, Both are made by Line 6 so there must be a way..... Best wishes.
    • Maybe... ...the foam that you put on top of the keybed contained some kind of slow releasing agent (e.g. a solvent used in the production) that eventually causes plastic damage? If you kept the instrument always in the bag, then it could be a for a long time exposure.   ...the force of playing on the keys could induce a tiny flexing on that region that causes micro-fractures on the surface (so you see the cumulative effect). If so, I would expect that to be a common observation, though. Has this been reported elsewhere?   ...the batch of plastic used was of a lower quality than expected?   ...all or some combination of the above?  
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• My trusty Typhon can:   "Audio over USB -Typhon gets recognised as Audio/USB device. This feature enables Typhon to act as an audio input and be recorded from a computer directly without the use of a sound card. This feature got implemented to support the previous described feature so as the user doesn’t have to connect the physical audio out to his sound card, and so on create a ground loop, which cause a constant buzzing at Typhon’s audio."   https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/typhon/  
    • Ipad, yes, but from my experience with the Modx that is due to being able to set the Modx as the audio interface in the audio app(s) I used.  In other words, unlike sending analog audio to a mixer or speaker where the sending unit doesn't care or know what is connected, I had to set the Modx as the destination or it wouldn't have sent anything. I'm not sure if a synth that can send audio over usb would be able to do so with another keyboard, unless it had a way to do the same...never thought about it though (which synths can send audio over usb?)  
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries