Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Keyboard Corner

Synths, pianos, software, analog, digital, modeling, virtual instruments, programming tips - this is the place on the web for discussions, debates, opinions and assistance...and the occasional sports thread.

11594965545_282c74d7ea_o.jpg.e3b7814ba5300332fb257afa0b249ec5.jpg   

Subforums

1. Repairs and Mods

Repairs, modifications, tips, tricks and other suggestions for ailing keyboards and synthesizers.

66,782 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
    • 53.3k views
    • 0 replies
    • 37.2k views
    • 47 replies
  1. Lead sheets, where?

• 25 replies
  2. What causes this?

• 21 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 94 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 22 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 24 replies
  3. This one seems legit

• 16 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3.9k replies
    • 10.3m views
    • 18 replies
    • 51 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. broken zx-a1

• 3 replies
    • 193 replies
    • 8.2k views
    • 135 replies
    • 3.5k views
    • 6 replies
  5. My Ventilator just died!

• 8 replies
    • 22 replies
  6. Νord 5d bass or Mainstage?

• 8 replies
  7. Electro 5D Grand Piano

• 14 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 66 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. Half-Damper pedal

• 6 replies
    • 6 replies
  9. The Linux development

• 1 reply
  10. Yamaha P121

• 24 replies
    • 2.5k views
  11. Korg Forum???

• 27 replies
    • 887 replies
    • 76.7k views
    • 19 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 8 replies
  12. AKAI Stems out now

• 3 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 70 replies
    • 2k views
  • Trending posts on MPN

• If Roland have used the same keybed as on the previous Go Keys and Go Piano then it won't stand up well to the Casio CT-S1 and S500s. They are the best semi weighted boards I've played.    The piano tones were quite even so be interesting to see if Roland have changed this. 
    • I can't seem to get the file upload to work here, when downloading it says there is some problems and the file can't be opened, so there's a download link instead.
    • Some time ago I found that my beloved VPC1 showed some slight marks on the exact same spots as you show, right in the middle (horizontally) of some keys, and I attributed that to the repetitive use of the keys. I also keep my nails very short, but sometimes they touch the keys, so that was the reason to suggest it was the cause in yours. I don't see any other possibilities except wear due to playing. Perhaps there is something special in your skin that increases it. Some time ago I had a colleague at work who had a seemingly acid sweat on his hands. Everything metallic he usually touched, got some kind of oxidizing on it    Here you have some pictures of my VPC1. I have struggled to get the marks spotted, as they need some lighting across them in order to show. In this case is not noticeable to the touch, just the finish texture of the keys is slightly damaged, it seems. But as you can see, the location of the marks is very similar to yours on first two pictures. The third is on another part of the keys which also show some marks.   I am not sure when this happened, because I bought the keyboard used in 2020, and it is a 2016 unit. Former owner was a professional piano player and used it as a silent practice keyboard (his wife had some health problems and didn't stand the piano sound), so he probably used it quite a lot more than I do, but I had not noticed it until some months ago. It is not easy to spot on my current location because, as you can see on last picture, it is lighted in a way that makes it difficult to spot.   Hope this helps!   Jose        
    • That’s the big unanswered question. The press, MLB, and perhaps even the federal government are looking into this; so I imagine it will eventually be revealed.    It was at least a risky contract. We’ll see how everything develops. It’s going to be an interesting season…   Best,   Geoff
    • I've been working a bit with the Beat Buddy Mini. The big deal about it is that you can add files and transition between sections in real time using footswitches, so you're not locked into a backing track. I'm curious about the "big" version that costs around $380. Supposedly it sounds better, is more customizable, etc. It can also play back MIDI files but then you're locked to the backing track again.
  • In MPN’s GEARLAB

• My trusty Typhon can:   "Audio over USB -Typhon gets recognised as Audio/USB device. This feature enables Typhon to act as an audio input and be recorded from a computer directly without the use of a sound card. This feature got implemented to support the previous described feature so as the user doesn’t have to connect the physical audio out to his sound card, and so on create a ground loop, which cause a constant buzzing at Typhon’s audio."   https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/typhon/  
    • Ipad, yes, but from my experience with the Modx that is due to being able to set the Modx as the audio interface in the audio app(s) I used.  In other words, unlike sending analog audio to a mixer or speaker where the sending unit doesn't care or know what is connected, I had to set the Modx as the destination or it wouldn't have sent anything. I'm not sure if a synth that can send audio over usb would be able to do so with another keyboard, unless it had a way to do the same...never thought about it though (which synths can send audio over usb?)  
  • Come join MPN’s Clubs!

• Blog Entries