Music Player Network
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Keyboard Corner Jump to new posts
Re: Happy birthday, dB! Markay 04/02/20 12:09 PM
Happy birthday Dave, surprised you didn't let time stand still and postpone it till this time next year.
15 112 Read More
Re: RIP Wallace Roney marino 04/02/20 11:16 AM
Another great one. Damn.
6 309 Read More
Re: It's time for a new KC compilation! marino 04/02/20 11:13 AM
I don't know if I'll be able to record a new tune for this comp - I would like to, but believe it or not, I'm busy as hell. But I should have something in the dark vaults that I could submit.
When's the deadline?
48 844 Read More
Re: RIP Ellis Marsalis Joe Muscara 04/02/20 11:10 AM
I don't know how I forgot your connection to him, Josh, as I knew that you went to New Orleans because of his program there. I guess there's just been too much going on with all of this to keep on top of it. I'm sorry for your loss and I'm glad you got to have those experiences with him and that you're keeping the flame alive.
8 171 Read More
Re: Bandemic marino 04/02/20 11:08 AM
Very good music, and one of the best band names ever.
8 355 Read More
Re: Corona Virus thread CEB 04/02/20 11:05 AM
402 11,587 Read More
Re: Stimulus - wow Joe Muscara 04/02/20 11:02 AM
Lemme guess - your name is Aaabner Aardvark or your SSN is 000-00-0001, right?

wink
1 110 Read More
Re: Ellis Marsalis has died George88 04/02/20 10:47 AM
Ellis was a fantastic player and teacher. In 1990, he and Wynton recoded together on Standard Time Volume 3. On it he plays a beautiful solo of My Romance, just one chorus. I was inspired by this take and have listened to this album many, many times. He was a giant.
7 196 Read More
Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage Jump to new posts
Re: The first COVID inspired cartoon I thought was in good taste JohnG11 04/02/20 10:29 AM
Not so sure about good taste, but here's one you all know rewritten to suit the occasion:

With my refuse profologies.
JohnG
15 252 Read More
Re: "Banned for Life" - You Make the Call Markyboard 04/02/20 10:29 AM
Joe and MBK - spot on. It's so easy to paint a narrow picture based on what one observes/experiences. Once I calmed down I envisioned this guy with little kids at home. How would I respond in front of them despite the guy being an a**hole? I'm no do-gooder and I'd be a bit more aggressive under normal circumstances. My initial pre-edited response proves that although I much prefer extreme snarkasm over cursing someone out. But these days it just seems a little more wrong.

Ledbetter - I have no desire to ever correspond with this guy again. Ironically other than the firmware which I now have another source for, everything I ordered from him is available from Mouser for much cheaper. His services were to save me time. But you make a good point and instead I'll send him $30 cash for the custom ribbon cable work . The guy is right about that aspect. He can keep the cables.

Originally Posted by J. Dead
IDK, but "Band for Life" would be a great band name. Just sayin'.

Dan, sometimes you make me so proud. freak freak
18 500 Read More
Family in Coronavirus Lockdown Biggles 04/02/20 10:10 AM
0 37 Read More
Re: Connect spdif out to spdif in erik_nie 04/02/20 09:46 AM
Did this always with my Motu audio interfaces to have a headphone mix with the audio going to FOH.

Mainstage --> SPDIF-out

Headphone mix:
- SPDIF in (softsynths)
- AUX from FOH

MAIN OUT:
- SPDIF in

Now using a RME Fireface that has all outputs also available as inputs for every mixbus
4 151 Read More
Re: New Synth Wizards episode - CS 80 repair RudyS 04/02/20 08:39 AM
This is gold. I wasn't aware of this channel/series. Thank you!
7 254 Read More
Re: Trademark Infringement? KuruPrionz 04/02/20 06:58 AM
This is a complicated issue, in large part because some corporations hire lethally efficient copyright and trademark protection warriors and others are far less dilegent.
Any or all will go after an opportunity if it makes it to higher levels.

At one point in life I found myself working at Kinko's and we would get faxed notifications from the Disney police and the Elvis police reminding us of the copyrights they held and what we could and could not copy.
The Disney police were rabid, frothing at the mouth. We did not mess with them, ever.

Where it gets complicated is figuring out who is who and what is what.

There is a possibility that repurposing new footage could be considered "artistic license" but it really doesn't matter if somebody decides to take you to court. The cost of defending yourself is not something anybody needs - except lawyers. They'll win either way.

Personally, I would urge that the band refrain from any potential liability snarl-ups, the rewards are not worth the risk.
You could shoot some cheesy footage and make a satire of known corporate entities and it might be more amusing if done with gusto. Perfectly legal if you get close but do not infringe.

That's what i would do, there's gotta be somebody in St Louis that is dying to be part of project like that.
3 92 Read More
Dr. Mike's Studio Workshop Jump to new posts
Re: Connect spdif out to spdif in directly RudyS 04/02/20 06:42 AM
Ok, just for future reference on this I just tested connecting spdif in with out. It works as Mike already said. For me this is a very good option. The mixer software of my audio interface makes it very flexible in routing internal audio to everywhere. And I like not having another piece of software.

Case closed:)
5 104 Read More
Shameless Plugs Jump to new posts
Re: New YouTube and Patreon content! David Holloway 04/02/20 06:17 AM
Great stuff David! Would love to hear your podcast when it's done - and don't forget to check out the podcasting sub-forum here or I'm happy to provide any info you need if it's required thu
2 19 Read More
Re: How do I fix Kawai MP11se scuff... Imagine 04/02/20 06:07 AM
Hey Old No7, thanks for the info. I appreciate that.
8 353 Read More
Re: Keyboards with nice semi-weighted actions The Piano Man 04/02/20 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by J. Dead
Sorry, fixed the link.

I managed to copy it over no problem. Great resource!

I see a lot of Matsushita actions. I presume this must be all the Technics ones. Interesting to see Roland using these quite a bit.
10 388 Read More
Re: Just in: Guitar Center is closed Docbop 04/02/20 04:54 AM
My buddie's sister works for Guitar Center headquarters and she's said for years most of their business comes from online sales, so closing stores is sad especially for the employees, but GC should do okay without them for now.
13 310 Read More
Re: Funkin' Keyboards MAJUSCULE 04/02/20 04:23 AM
Damn. The vid got taken down. Was hoping to dig into it again tonight/tomorrow. Anyone know if that isolated audio is posted anywhere else?
28 2,888 Read More
Re: Synth recommendation please - to fit criteria Shamanczarek 04/02/20 04:05 AM
The Behringer Crave is within the size requirements. It has a single CEM3340 VCO similar to a Prophet 5 oscillator, Model D Highpass/Lowpass Ladder Filter, Step Sequencer, Arpeggiator and it can be poly-chained. Perfect Circuit Audio has it for $199.99. Thomann has it for £144.
21 390 Read More
Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone Run a USB Mixer into an iPhone? Anderton 04/02/20 03:44 AM
Thanks Mike #1 and Mike #2! Normally I'd just go and get the USB3 camera kit from the nearest Apple store, but you know how it is these days about leaving the house. Glad to know people have done this.
6 69 Read More
Catalina thread in the Studio Workshop Dr Mike Metlay 04/02/20 02:48 AM
We've started a thread about success and failure stories with Catalina over in the Studio Workshop:

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbth...ng-to-catalina-success-story#Post3035938

Hopefully it won't get pushed down and offscreen as quickly there. I encourage folks to pop in and contribute when they can.

mike
0 33 Read More
Re: CV control of synths from Logic Pro X Jonathan Hughes 04/02/20 01:09 AM
I didn't have any luck doing anything usable straight from Logic. I put Retrosynth on a channel and set it to output to the a specific output on the Apollo and then sent that to the Mother-32's VCO 1V octave input. While a one-note sequence was playing on the M32, I tried playing various pitches in Retrosynth (at both ends of the pitch range) and I also set up a very slow very wide vibrato and although it changed the sound of the M32, it only aded some raspiness. It didn't;t change the pitch (as it would when I was using that same output coming of to Reaktor. I think I;m missing something from you explanation.

thanks!
9 165 Read More
Re: Asia: the kind of band I would have liked to have had Mitch Towne 04/02/20 12:32 AM
I will never miss an opportunity to evangelize for "Drama." It is the blueprint for both Asia and for 90125. It is the great underrated Yes album.
46 851 Read More
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17