Music Player Network

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Keyboard Corner Jump to new posts
Re: Muse Receptor - add an SSD? Bif_ 08/25/19 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by Throbert
plenty of 3.5 to 2.5s out there

Thank you. That will be next on my hit list after I see what improvement it gets me.
12 210 Read More
Re: Miscellaneous stuff Dave Ferris 08/25/19 01:54 AM
Guys sorry about this but I deleted those one line/ three chords application examples from last night. post # 3004791

I sat down with it today and changed the notes around quite a bit. It makes more sense musically and most importantly, sounds better.

So if you are digging into this, please delete the first version and use this one.

I should test things out more thoroughly the next day with fresh ears. There are quite a few eraser marks, if anyone has any note questions let me know.

13 782 Read More
Re: Official NFL 2019-2020 Thread ProfD 08/25/19 01:52 AM
It appears QB Andrew Luck is hanging up his cleats.

Apparently, latest injury has him mentally worn down. cool
44 3,653 Read More
Guitar Forum Jump to new posts
Re: NPD: Malekko Scrutator Dannyalcatraz 08/25/19 01:28 AM
Now I just need one or more expression pedals, a crap-ton of cables, splitters and switchers, and a whole lotta patience.

...probably a 15x15 space for all the pedals & cables, too.
8 85 Read More
Re: Crazy Keyboard Solos MotiDave 08/25/19 01:16 AM
I was hoping for Foreplay, and I got bamboozled into listening to jazz. You guys get me every time!
14 309 Read More
Re: Best iOS App with CP-70 and multiple effects? drawback 08/25/19 01:03 AM
AUM is my go-to. Thanks for the share, Fudd.

Another app you might want to look into is Pure Synth Platinum. I have it: great fx & editing features, and there are a couple of CP70 presets you can mess with and re-save as your own user preset. You need to get used to the GUI, but if you’ve used Neo-Soul Keys, you know Jamal doesn’t miss a trick.

And it’s AUv3, a lot more useful than IAA.
10 83 Read More
Re: Copper shielding tape. Bradley B 08/25/19 12:17 AM
Well implemented shielding won't hurt, but it's a question of whether the susceptibility is due to conducted or radiated emission. I suspect conducted. If so, foil or other shielding will have little effect. If it is radiated then you should be able to hear a change in the interference by moving components around.
2 54 Read More
Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage Jump to new posts
Re: Cover better than the original? Notes_Norton 08/24/19 11:53 PM
Mark Murphy's version of Joini Mitchell's "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat"

69 1,189 Read More
NEW FORUM! Microphones: RecordingHacks Jump to new posts
Re: On-camera podcast mic recommendations davedoerfler 08/24/19 11:53 PM
tough one, and I don't have an answer but agree with you on the Zoom products. IMO, anyone shooting video needs to be able to do editing, no shoot ever goes perfectly. Gonna leave in when someone sneezes? idk
1 11 Read More
Re: We Need a New Kind of Reviewer!! Mike Rivers 08/24/19 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Anderton
Forget the reviews, jump to this so you can understand who you're dealing with smile And be thankful the experiment didn't involve mice.

Here's the correct link. You had an extra F in PDF. Sylvia's preferred organic filter these days is cheese, so mice might not be far behind. She loved the article.
18 178 Read More
MainStage patches forum/site? Rhodes54 08/24/19 11:30 PM
Is there any site, forum, subreddit, hangout, etc where MainStage users can share patches? I couldn't find much help on the two Mainstage Facebook groups OR the LogicPro forums. For that matter, there's not even much out there to purchase unless I'm missing something. I thought I'd check here. I've got an 80s tribute show coming up WAY too soon and I wouldn't mind paying for SONG-SPECIFIC patches that could help me save time. Specifically, I need patches for songs by Duran Duran, INXS, Thompson Twins, Tears for Fears, The Cars, Gary Numan, etc. Thanks!
0 29 Read More
Re: One of a Kind Synthesizers marino 08/24/19 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Synthoid
Three?

Yep - three successive versions. The first one was little more than a prototype... it weighted "only" 7 tons. grin The second and third topped 200 tons. freak
40 835 Read More
Re: Low line level dazzjazz 08/24/19 11:09 PM
Yes that's the manual. Thanks for doing this.
I was told by Viscount service that the outputs are balanced. When I started using a balanced jack to XLR cable, the digital noise issue went away. I was initially using the TS-TS cable as you suggest, but this results digital noise, a little like USB noise that can happen when connecting audio and USB from a keyboard and audio interface.

I hope I have answered all questions.

Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Mike Rivers

I couldn't find any detailed specifications, but I don't have any reason to believe that the audio output jacks are balanced. If they're unbalanced and you're using a TRS-to-XLR cable, you're connecting the audio signal from the keyboard between pins 2 (+) and 1 (ground) of the speaker's XLR input, leaving pin 2 (-) not connected to anything. That's not good, and can explain why you're having symptoms of low gain and noise.

I'd suggest using an unbalanced TS-TS cable (like a guitar cable) between the keyboard output and the Line 2 L/MONO jack on the speaker.
13 94 Read More
NEW FORUM! dr walkers psychedelic kitchen Jump to new posts
ellitone multisynth - experimental synthesizer dr walker 08/24/19 10:32 PM
oh my.... this little beast looks like mad fun!
smile

[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

get it HERE!!!

0 30 Read More
NEW FORUM! dr walkers psychedelic kitchen Jump to new posts
free 808style drumsynth dr walker 08/24/19 10:26 PM
grabbb a free 808style drumsynth HEEEEEEERE!
yes. "only" the soundengine. no sequencer.

[Linked Image from sampleson.com]

0 36 Read More
Re: A few new Graemlins Dave Bryce 08/24/19 10:00 PM
Well, they clearly work for some....now we just have to figure out what the problem is for the others.

Those with problems - can you guys see them at all? Throbert - can you see any of the ones I posted up top? Dave Emm - what can you see?

The next questions are what browser/platform etc.

Thx!

dB
14 290 Read More
Re: Meeblip cubit go USB MIDI interface GovernorSilver 08/24/19 09:11 PM
I got the cubit go a couple of days ago.

Unfortunately, I forgot to order the MIDI cable 4-pack. facepalm

James at meeblip says they got slammed with orders after the video featuring Hainbach was published, so while they did get my cubit go shipped out rapidly, my order for the 4-pack has been delayed.
31 501 Read More
Guitar Forum Jump to new posts
Re: cool new effects Caevan O'Shite 08/24/19 08:58 PM
Want... Love...

(Link --> ) Meris MERCURY7 Reverb

995 759,565 Read More
Re: What's Next? Anderton 08/24/19 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Growler
What's next? An implant which gives you access to all the books ever written , all the songs ever recorded, all the TV shows and films ever produced, and all the works of art ever painted/sculpted/drawn etc.

In other words...something that plants the internet in your brain smile Just make sure it has the option to turn off the Comments section in YouTube.
14 215 Read More
Re: Taylor Swift's Keyboard-Focused Band MikeT156 08/24/19 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by ProfD
The McDonald's of music. Pop is all about ear and eye candy. cool

From what I've heard of "pop", its not music. But it is all about ear and eye candy, just as you say.

Mike T.
17 457 Read More
Re: Synths (or VSTs+controllers) w/endless rotaries, etc. AnotherScott 08/24/19 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Music Bird
Question 2: Minilogue has this feature.

Cool. Also I believe the Moog Sub37/Subsequent37.

And the Roland RD2000 is another board with 8 endless encoders with LED rings. And the Montage which I mentioned for endless encoders also has the LED rings.

There's also another in-between category... LEDs to indicate current position, but without the endless control. The Moog Little/Slim Phatty has that; and the Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Montage and Roland RD2000 do that on their sliders.

Korg OASYS is another with endless encoders with LED rings, and LEDs along the sliders. I believe that Nektar Panorama, Arturia Keylab, and some Akai controllers also have endless encoders, but not LEDs.
6 146 Read More
NEW FORUM! The Computer Lab Jump to new posts
Re: Having Sofware Probs DavidFord 08/24/19 07:08 PM
Bump* would anyone know the solution for above prob?
1 25 Read More
NEW FORUM! Microphones: RecordingHacks Jump to new posts
Re: A Goofy Mic - or A Donor Cadaver matthew mcglynn 08/24/19 06:40 PM
Thanks, Mike! We threw some darts at this video recently too:
http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbth...but-maybe-not-how-you-expect#Post3001628

It's gloriously bad -- so bad that it's racking up the views on Youtube and therefore doing a stellar job of promoting the microphone.

It's not a great donor mic, though, assuming it is anything like the other BM-700/BM-800 mics I've seen. They are made of the cheapest parts on the market -- really thin metals, bad plating, goofy colors, fragile accessories, etc. The total cost to manufacture this can't be above about $7, so nobody should expect much.

For anybody who bought one of these with DIY in mind, there is one ready-made option. I adapted the audio circuit from the Schoeps CMC5 to fit these mics. Coupled to a selected medium-diaphragm capsule, this yields a surprisingly nice microphone, with a full frequency response, no high-frequency hype, moderately low noise. I'm not sure it sounds very good if you sing into the end of it like in the video though. facepalm
1 12 Read More
Re: Way, Way, Way OT: Divorce drawback 08/24/19 06:38 PM
Well, I’m happy for you, Math.

thu
243 97,012 Read More
Re: New Gregg Rolie Album ShadowMan 08/24/19 03:29 PM
He really tore it up with Ringo's All Starr Band at Woodstock last Friday night - sounded great. Played the big Santana hits, which Carlos' band did again on Saturday night.

Very cool hearing those great songs live twice.
2 212 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2