Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
NEW FORUM! dr walkers psychedelic kitchen Jump to new posts
iOS: jimaudio pure acid app. YES! dr walker 11/18/19 09:44 PM
damn! this fun!
the jimaudio pure acid iOS app

#musthave for me! <3

get it H3R3!!1! for 10,99 euro

Features:

• supports Ableton Link, AudioBus, Inter-App Audio, Core Midi, Virtual Midi In, Bluetooth Midi In

• AudioBus state saving support

• high quality 64-bit sound engine

• Midi Learn function for assigning midi controllers to knobs

Note: AUv3 mode is not implemented yet, it is planned for the nearest future updates.

Bassline Section:

• 2 classic bassline waveforms: Saw and Pulse

• classic knobs: Tune, Cutoff, Resonance, Env Mod, Decay and Accent

• Distortion effect with amount, HPF and Boost knobs

• filter LFO with rate and depth knobs

Sequencer Section:

• up to 12 bassline patterns can be stored in one preset

• up to 32 steps per each bassline pattern

• patterns can be chained together to create more complex patterns

• pattern Tempo and Swing parameters

• Gate parameter, which allows you to adjust bass note lengths

• Pattern Editor allows you to copy, transpose patterns, shift notes left/right, insert or delete a note, variate (randomize all note properties expect pitch), shuffle (randomize notes order only), reverse and compose patterns using Bassline Composer function

• onscreen keyboard allows you to enter bassline notes in a comfortable way. You can also record basslines in realtime.

Drums Section:

• drum machine with 16 independent drum parts

• 35 different classic drum sounds with ability to tune your own drum kit

• each drum part sound has its own parameters like Tune, Decay, Attack/Snap/Color, FX A send, FX B send, Boost, Pan, Level

• up to 12 drum patterns and 4 drum fill patterns can be stored in one preset

• 16 steps per each drum pattern, with ability to add 16 "backbeat" steps between main steps

• patterns can be chained together to create more complex patterns

• Swing and Flam (double drum strike) features

• Total Accent part with adjustable total accent value can give you ability to "highlight" specific steps in your drum pattern

Mixer Section:

• 2 mixer channels: Bassline and Drums

• Drive effect for each channel

• 2 send effect pedals: FX A and FX B

• 14 send effect types to choose from

• send effect can be routed to either master output, MFX or another send effect (FX A -> FX B), which allows to chain several effects one after another

• MFX pedal with 22 effect types to choose from

• FX A and FX B send amount knobs for each mixer channel

• XY-pad on each effect pedal to control their parameters

• Master Compressor/Limiter effect to prevent sound from clipping

and more:

• Unlimited number of user presets

• 65 factory presets

• Audio export to wav file (16, 24 or 32 bit)

• Preset / Bank Share function

• Selectable UI color schemes with ability to adjust colors manually

• iOS 10+ compatible

• Designed for both iPad and iPhone
0 13 Read More
The Keyboard Corner Jump to new posts
Re: new rig daydreaming - recommendations? Jazz+ 11/18/19 09:42 PM
I would prefer a CP4 too if I had a roady and great stereo speakers . But I don’t. I threw out my back moving my old 35 pound FP4 a couple years ago. So, 25 lbs is my new limit. Plus it has built in speakers so I can tolerate less than primo stereo speakers, I can get away with a basic little amp.
49 2,056 Read More
Re: new rig daydreaming - recommendations? Dave Ferris 11/18/19 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by AnotherScott
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris
CFX is more compressed on the CP88 then the CP4.

Rhodes and Wurlis are much better, yes.

Interesting, since I think the CP4 still had the widely praised SCM EPs of the CP1/5 (and Reface CP), and I think the CP88 goes back to straight samples. (I haven't actually played/heard any of those EPs myself, except a brief go at the Reface which hardly counted because it was only through its internal speakers.)

I don't know anything about the samples or modeling, like with everything, I was just going by ear. smile
49 2,056 Read More
Re: new rig daydreaming - recommendations? AnotherScott 11/18/19 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jazz+
Casio PX-S3000 does it all for me. I don't see the need anymore for expensive boutique keyboards when the 25 pound Casio does everything I could ever need.

While it's hugely improved from past models, and I certainly could play one on a Jazz gig, it would not be my first choice. Now if it were a gig that fell under the "jazzy" category accompanying singers doing Standards, yes it would be fine. But for a serious blowing Trio or Quartet thing where there wasn't even a mediocre piano and I had to bring a keyboard, I'd play my CP4 before the Casio.

We're also starting to get farther from what the OP asked about, since he also needs organ, synth, and the ability to load custom samples. Keep in mind he's coming from a Kronos + Nord Wave. He may not need everything those offer, but asking that much of a PX-S3000 is a stretch,
49 2,056 Read More
Re: new rig daydreaming - recommendations? AnotherScott 11/18/19 09:28 PM

Interesting, since I think the CP4 still had the widely praised SCM EPs of the CP1/5 (and Reface CP), and I think the CP88 goes back to straight samples. (I haven't actually played/heard any of those EPs myself, except a brief go at the Reface which hardly counted because it was only through its internal speakers.)
49 2,056 Read More
Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage Jump to new posts
Re: Rogue's Gallery of Tech Failures Anderton 11/18/19 09:26 PM
I'd have to add the J-Con speaker cable adapters as an epic tech fail. They basically connected an Edison AC connector to a 1/4" plug so you could use inexpensive AC cables instead of speaker cables. I'm not sure plugging a speaker or 1/4" connector into an AC outlet accidentally is a good idea. However, it would definitely add a worthy element to any light show - there's nothing quite like flames, sparks, smoke, and exploding speakers to add excitement!
27 289 Read More
Re: new rig daydreaming - recommendations? Dave Ferris 11/18/19 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jazz+
Casio PX-S3000 does it all for me. I don't see the need anymore for expensive boutique keyboards when the 25 pound Casio does everything I could ever need.

While it's hugely improved from past models, and I certainly could play one on a Jazz gig, it would not be my first choice. Now if it were a gig that fell under the "jazzy" category accompanying singers doing Standards, yes it would be fine. But for a serious blowing Trio or Quartet thing where there wasn't even a mediocre piano and I had to bring a keyboard, I'd play my CP4 before the Casio.

49 2,056 Read More
Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage Jump to new posts
Re: Rogue's Gallery of Tech Failures Anderton 11/18/19 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Notes_Norton
Agreed, a stepping stone can't be considered a failure.

So I'll take back everything but the 8 track tape player and the Atari/ST computer.

smile

We don't stand on ceremony around here, it's all interesting on some level smile
27 289 Read More
Re: new rig daydreaming - recommendations? Dave Ferris 11/18/19 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Barryjam
I have replaced CP4 with CP88, and here are some of my observations:

The resampling of CFX sounds better in octaves above middle C. CFX sounds different than on CP4 but one gets used to that quickly.
I could play that ‘78 Rhodes all day.
I think the warm Wurlitzer sounds are also improved right out of the box.

For me, the keybed playing experience is more pianistic on the CP88, and I love the texture on the black keys.

That's the first thing I checked and noticed - Yes the top octaves don't sound like they are disappearing on single note lines on the CP88. Weird because the CP4 sounds fine through all octaves with my Senn 650s.

Hmm, for me the last observation is undecided. I'd probably have to spend more time with the CP88 and have the two next to each other. I was comparing the P-515 and CP88 side by side and the P-515 felt closer to a real piano. Plus had a richer sound , both through the phones and speakers.

I don't edit much while I'm playing but that feature, the more robust build quality, better EPs and a sound that perhaps sits better in the mix - I can see why people might be selling their CP4s and going with the CP88, especially for louder rock band contexts.
49 2,056 Read More
Re: Working with Bassists? BbAltered 11/18/19 08:48 PM
The soul band I play with does a version of Stevie Wonder's I Wish. In this case, it is the bass player stepping on my part!! I allow it and I don't give him any grief for it. We play that bass line together and it is extra punchy. My RH comps the clav part.
31 383 Read More
Re: new rig daydreaming - recommendations? Jazz+ 11/18/19 08:46 PM
49 2,056 Read More
Re: NAMM hang Dave Bryce 11/18/19 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by OB Dave
Originally Posted by Joe Muscara
It has? idk

It's in the fourth post, not the top post. I missed it too!

Sorry - should probably have said have said original list (fourth post from the top). idk

dB
11 317 Read More
Re: Simple iphone app to send MIDI Program Change JKS111 11/18/19 08:35 PM
MidiPad supports cc messages 0-127 (although you have to add 1 to midi control values in the interface for some reason) so I guess it supports bank select but I’ve never tried it.
8 263 Read More
Re: I Had to Give Up an A-100 Today samuelblupowitz 11/18/19 08:31 PM
That'll teach me to live on the other side of the country from you, Joe.
1 63 Read More
Re: NAMM hang OB Dave 11/18/19 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Joe Muscara
It has? idk

It's in the fourth post, not the top post. I missed it too!
11 317 Read More
I Had to Give Up an A-100 Today Joe Muscara 11/18/19 08:28 PM
A college friend of my wife here in town was giving away an A-100 with bass pedals, no Leslie nor any other external cab, not sure if everything was working, that she has had for a few years she got from her in-laws church. I would have taken it but I literally don't have anywhere to put it. Fortunately, I do already have an A-100 so it's not like I don't have a real tonewheel Hammond. Still, I would have loved to have taken this for myself. Instead, I found a guy locally online that collects them, already having five. In fact, I should probably see if he wants to be friends. grin
1 63 Read More
Re: Working with Bassists? mate stubb 11/18/19 08:24 PM
I play left hand piano in my band, but never left hand organ. The piano sound I use doesn't boom and stays out of the bass player's way.
31 383 Read More
Re: O.T. An Appreciation of Sven Joe Muscara 11/18/19 08:20 PM
Sven who? idk
22 617 Read More
NEW FORUM! The Computer Lab Jump to new posts
Re: A simple cloud audio processing example Theo Verelst 11/18/19 08:18 PM
1 27 Read More
Re: Still concentrating a Hammond in two pounds and 1 gallon GregC 11/18/19 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Outkaster
Too much trouble Greg.

LOL. I know. Some of us have time to kick it around
13 377 Read More
Re: Working with Bassists? Jon May 11/18/19 08:07 PM
Many years of playing in 4 & 5-piece bands has made my left hand a withered & useless appendage. frown
31 383 Read More
Re: O.T. An Appreciation of Sven Mr. Nightime 11/18/19 08:03 PM
I've had the pleasure of hanging out with Sven when he came to my city for the Classic Albums Live Dark Side of the Moon tour.

I've always appreciated his voice in this place.

I've noticed that while he CAN be a bit curmudgeon, it is primarily responding to people that expect to be handed information

If you do your homework, make it known that you have tried to find out the answer to your dilemma, and THEN ask for help, Sven can be one of the best assets this place has.

I would read the "Ask Sven" column

BTW Rob, my wife still swoons when I mention you.
22 617 Read More
Re: NAMM hang Joe Muscara 11/18/19 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Bryce
List in original post has been updated to reflect current attendees.

It has? idk

Originally Posted by Dave Bryce
Some forumites are coming to the show for the first time...one from freakin’ Australia!

That beats Houston by a bit. snax
11 317 Read More
Re: OT: 2019 Formula 1 Season Joe Muscara 11/18/19 08:00 PM
That was nuts. Maybe F1 should take one from NASCAR's playbook and start putting the safety car out there "for debris"! grin
128 10,566 Read More
Re: PX-S3000 and MODX6 at the gig EscapeRocks 11/18/19 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by bfields
So, the MODX can handle all the splits/layers/zones that you need on the S3000's keyboard while the S3000 just transmits everything on a single channel?

I should go read the MODX manual.

As I just said to Tim above, it's not quite that simple. You have to get very creative with the Keyboard Control status, scene control, and where you apply and block expression and other CC#'s received by the MODX. It's a lot easier of you have a MODX8 and simply use a controller (like my Arturia Keylab) to play parts you don't play from the MODX8.
After Saturday's gig I found some areas I need to play with.

Just like when I setup a Mainstage concert. Only you can decide if some of the trade-offs are worth it to you for the simplicity of setting up two lightweight boards.
7 155 Read More
Page 1 of 146 1 2 3 145 146