Music Player Network

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
NEW FORUM! The Dao of Mixing Jump to new posts
Re: How do you get yourself into the studio? GregC 08/25/19 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by Dave Bryce
What does it take? idk

Do you need to have an idea already? Do you need to schedule a specific time/book a seesion? Or maybe get a new piece of gear? See/hear something online like a gear review, or a recording tip that you want to try? Something else?

For me, it's a combination of the above....buyt there's rarely anything that gets be to fire the toys up like having an idea that just has to be explored. cool

dB

a good nights sleep. Plus really strong coffee.

And an open schedule 3-5 hours.
No interruptions, no hosuehold tasks, errands, etc etc.

The Deck has Been Cleared.

I start chord noodling . Then there is something else I have been stewing
over, could be women, or health, or some minor hassle, etc etc.

Muse Shows Up. It says " lets get to work and take care of it ".

And the song train chugs out of the station, on no exact path
8 105 Read More
The Keyboard Corner Jump to new posts
Re: One of a Kind Synthesizers Tom Williams 08/25/19 02:34 AM
As far as I can tell, the Hammond organ was mostly a miniaturized Telharmonium, right?
41 841 Read More
Re: Muse Receptor - add an SSD? Markay 08/25/19 02:24 AM
Just a note of caution, the OS in the Muse emulates Win 7 or XP 32 bit, cannot recall which it is, so hope it all goes well, but if you run into issues you might want to consider reverting to the exact max hardware specs supported in the original OEM version.
13 220 Read More
Re: Muse Receptor - add an SSD? Bif_ 08/25/19 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by Throbert
plenty of 3.5 to 2.5s out there

Thank you. That will be next on my hit list after I see what improvement it gets me.
13 220 Read More
Re: Muse Receptor - add an SSD? Bif_ 08/25/19 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by OB Dave
My recollection is that the Receptor 2 was unable address more than 4GB of RAM.

Yes, confirmed it can only utilize just over 3 GB RAM.
13 220 Read More
Re: Miscellaneous stuff Dave Ferris 08/25/19 01:54 AM
Guys sorry about this but I deleted those one line/ three chords application examples from last night. post # 3004791

I sat down with it today, started taking it through a couple of keys and changed the notes around quite a bit. It makes more sense musically and most importantly, sounds better.

So if you are digging into this, please delete the first version and use this one.

I should test things out more thoroughly the next day with fresh ears. There are quite a few eraser marks, if anyone has any note questions let me know.

13 790 Read More
Re: Official NFL 2019-2020 Thread ProfD 08/25/19 01:52 AM
It appears QB Andrew Luck is hanging up his cleats.

Apparently, latest injury has him mentally worn down. cool
44 3,657 Read More
Guitar Forum Jump to new posts
Re: NPD: Malekko Scrutator Dannyalcatraz 08/25/19 01:28 AM
Now I just need one or more expression pedals, a crap-ton of cables, splitters and switchers, and a whole lotta patience.

...probably a 15x15 space for all the pedals & cables, too.
8 89 Read More
Re: Crazy Keyboard Solos MotiDave 08/25/19 01:16 AM
I was hoping for Foreplay, and I got bamboozled into listening to jazz. You guys get me every time!
14 322 Read More
Re: Best iOS App with CP-70 and multiple effects? drawback 08/25/19 01:03 AM
AUM is my go-to. Thanks for the share, Fudd.

Another app you might want to look into is Pure Synth Platinum. I have it: great fx & editing features, and there are a couple of CP70 presets you can mess with and re-save as your own user preset. You need to get used to the GUI, but if you’ve used Neo-Soul Keys, you know Jamal doesn’t miss a trick.

And it’s AUv3, a lot more useful than IAA.
10 90 Read More
Re: Crazy Keyboard Solos Al Coda 08/25/19 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Stokely

This is the first one I thought of. Also any number of John Medeski solos...this is a great concert here. I've seen MMW twice and they are incredible.

great stuff !!!

A.C.
14 322 Read More
Re: Crazy Keyboard Solos Al Coda 08/25/19 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by analogika
Oooh. I saw McLaughlin/deFrancesco/Chambers on that tour.

God, I hated it. Except for about two pieces, it seemed like the most pointless noodling I’d ever heard.

I hate I missed it !

@Bradley B
Thx for sharing,- I enjoy now !

A.C.
14 322 Read More
Re: Copper shielding tape. Bradley B 08/25/19 12:17 AM
Well implemented shielding won't hurt, but it's a question of whether the susceptibility is due to conducted or radiated emission. I suspect conducted. If so, foil or other shielding will have little effect. If it is radiated then you should be able to hear a change in the interference by moving components around.
2 65 Read More
Re: Crazy Keyboard Solos Al Coda 08/25/19 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by marczellm
Seal's keyboardist used the Fantom to its fullest capabilities in that one performance I believe.

Maybe,- but where´s the "crazy keyboard solo" (see topic) in that clip ?

And I recognize the 2 Apple Powerbooks on the keyboard behind guitarist, both showing the same arrange window ...
To me that means on of these is redundant and the entire show is running from the other while the "band" plays along w/ that.

A.C.
14 322 Read More
Guitar Forum Jump to new posts
Re: NPD: Malekko Scrutator Caevan O'Shite 08/25/19 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Dannyalcatraz
I have so many freaking pedals that could take expression pedals that it would probably double my pedalboard size*.

But in writing that sentence, I had this thought: what if I creatively wired up an expression pedal to control several effects simultaneously? Sure, by doing so, I give up discrete control, but OTOH, sonic chaos could rein supreme!

* if I had an actual pedalboard.

Indeed. On all counts, brave Esquire.

Now, I thought that I was rather clever, and rather pleased with myself, when I figured out that I could connect one "Tap-Favorite Switch" to both my Strymon El Capistan and Strymon Flint with a three-ended 1/4" TRS cable and switch them simultaneously to favorite presets of my own making. Came in handy when I was in an occasionally gigging band. I seemed a mad wizard with my array of pedalry, I did... wink

I've rarely used 'expression pedals', but when I have, I really enjoyed them and got incredible results...
8 89 Read More
Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage Jump to new posts
Re: Cover better than the original? Notes_Norton 08/24/19 11:53 PM
Mark Murphy's version of Joini Mitchell's "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat"

69 1,193 Read More
NEW FORUM! Microphones: RecordingHacks Jump to new posts
Re: On-camera podcast mic recommendations davedoerfler 08/24/19 11:53 PM
tough one, and I don't have an answer but agree with you on the Zoom products. IMO, anyone shooting video needs to be able to do editing, no shoot ever goes perfectly. Gonna leave in when someone sneezes? idk
1 13 Read More
Re: We Need a New Kind of Reviewer!! Mike Rivers 08/24/19 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Anderton
Forget the reviews, jump to this so you can understand who you're dealing with smile And be thankful the experiment didn't involve mice.

Here's the correct link. You had an extra F in PDF. Sylvia's preferred organic filter these days is cheese, so mice might not be far behind. She loved the article.
18 179 Read More
MainStage patches forum/site? Rhodes54 08/24/19 11:30 PM
Is there any site, forum, subreddit, hangout, etc where MainStage users can share patches? I couldn't find much help on the two Mainstage Facebook groups OR the LogicPro forums. For that matter, there's not even much out there to purchase unless I'm missing something. I thought I'd check here. I've got an 80s tribute show coming up WAY too soon and I wouldn't mind paying for SONG-SPECIFIC patches that could help me save time. Specifically, I need patches for songs by Duran Duran, INXS, Thompson Twins, Tears for Fears, The Cars, Gary Numan, etc. Thanks!
0 29 Read More
Re: One of a Kind Synthesizers marino 08/24/19 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Synthoid
Three?

Yep - three successive versions. The first one was little more than a prototype... it weighted "only" 7 tons. grin The second and third topped 200 tons. freak
41 841 Read More
Re: Crazy Keyboard Solos marino 08/24/19 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Spider76
Anything Michel Camilo.
Crazy keyboard gymnastics, but always joyful and musical.

14 322 Read More
Re: Low line level dazzjazz 08/24/19 11:09 PM
Yes that's the manual. Thanks for doing this.
I was told by Viscount service that the outputs are balanced. When I started using a balanced jack to XLR cable, the digital noise issue went away. I was initially using the TS-TS cable as you suggest, but this results digital noise, a little like USB noise that can happen when connecting audio and USB from a keyboard and audio interface.

I hope I have answered all questions.

Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Mike Rivers

I couldn't find any detailed specifications, but I don't have any reason to believe that the audio output jacks are balanced. If they're unbalanced and you're using a TRS-to-XLR cable, you're connecting the audio signal from the keyboard between pins 2 (+) and 1 (ground) of the speaker's XLR input, leaving pin 2 (-) not connected to anything. That's not good, and can explain why you're having symptoms of low gain and noise.

I'd suggest using an unbalanced TS-TS cable (like a guitar cable) between the keyboard output and the Line 2 L/MONO jack on the speaker.
13 94 Read More
Re: Best iOS App with CP-70 and multiple effects? ElmerJFudd 08/24/19 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by AnotherScott
Originally Posted by ElmerJFudd
For electric piano sounds like the CP-70
Check out Korg Module
IKmultimedia iLectric
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ilectricipad/

And of course Apple’s Garage Band for iOS

Th problem with Garageband is that it always responds to input from all MIDI channels.

Another possibility is Colossus with the E-Piano sound set, 5:20 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jt_PFezaYI

Nice share. First I’m seeing Colossus. Now that we (well not me) have iPad Pros with 1TB storage in them and an almost decent amount of RAM the multi-sampled instruments are getting interesting.

10 90 Read More
NEW FORUM! dr walkers psychedelic kitchen Jump to new posts
ellitone multisynth - experimental synthesizer dr walker 08/24/19 10:32 PM
oh my.... this little beast looks like mad fun!
smile

[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

get it HERE!!!

0 30 Read More
Re: Copper shielding tape. J. Dan 08/24/19 10:31 PM
Depends. Is the noise coming from INSIDE the vent? Is it a metal case that's grounded? If so, tape wasn't do anything. Is the noise being induced on either the signal cables or power coming in? Not all cables have 100% shield. In fact so,e are as little as 50%. I'd try swapping with 100% shield cables. As for power, be careful where transformers are located relative to one another as well as cables.

The reason for the foil in guitars is because they are wood bodies. Anything with a metal case that's properly grounded shouldn't require any other means of shielding.
2 65 Read More
Page 1 of 180 1 2 3 179 180